ADC*E AWARDS – Jury Presidents Announcement
Johannes Newrkla to headline Jury Presidents for the 25th anniversary ADCE Awards
- Chaka Sobhani, Britta Pötzsch and Alexander Kalchev among names selected to judge the Champions League of Creativity.
- 2016 Awards returns to the Disseny Hub Barcelona from 13-15 October as part of the 3rd European Creativity Festival.
- Deadline set for 16 September.
The Art Directors Club of Europe (ADCE) has revealed the juries for the 25th ADCE Awards, the Champions League of Creativity.
This year, as the ADCE Awards celebrates a quarter-century, its longest-tenured Austrian Board Member and Merlicek & Grossebner CEO Johannes Newrkla will preside over the six juries.
As a true European border-crosser and frequent award-winner, Johannes embodies the ADCE values of multi-cultural learning and excellence in European advertising and design. He was a founder member of the ADCE in 1990 and led the organization as President for eight years, making him the perfect candidate to lead the anniversary Awards.
In October, Johannes will be joined by the following Jury Presidents:
- Film & Radio: Britta Pötzsch, Global Creative Director at Ogilvy & Mather Dusseldorf (Germany)
- Advertising Print & Outdoor: Chaka Sobhani, Chief Creative Officer at Leo Burnett London (UK)
- Interactive & Mobile: Valentina Culatti, Managing Director at Unit9 (Italy)
- Design: Mario Eskenazi, Founder at Mario Eskenazi Studio (Spain)
- Promotions & New Media: Alexander Kalchev, Executive Creative Director at DDB Paris (France)
- Integration & Innovation: Adrian Botan, Global Executive Creative Director at McCann Bucharest (Romania)
In total, 52 leading creatives and designers have been selected from the 18 ADCE member countries to judge the 25th ADCE Awards. The full list can be found at the ADCE website.
The Champions League of Creativity
The ADCE Awards are unique in that only creative work that has been awarded at a local European show can qualify, ensuring an elite selection in which every single entry that a judge sees has already been nominated as a standout piece of creative.
In addition to the categories listed, the awards also have space to promote young talent and students with the European Student of the Year and European Young Creative of the Year competitions.
In October, the juries will meet to debate and discuss the best creative work from across Europe, before awarding Gold, Silver and Bronze across each category, as well as the overall Grand Prix, to be revealed at the ADCE Awards Gala on October 15.
Following the awards, all the winning work will feature in the 2016 ADCE Annual, which showcases the year’s best in graphic design and advertising, and also toured throughout Europe at local exhibitions.
The 3rd European Creativity Festival
The ADCE Awards return as part of the European Creativity Festival at the Disseny Hub Barcelona. Created to celebrate and recognize the art of creativity, graphic design and new creative solutions, the Festival features a packed programme of conferences, workshops, networking opportunities and other activities, delivered by some of the most innovative and inspiring people in Europe.
This year’s theme will be the “The Hybridscape: Where unexpected connections are made”, with the full line-up of speakers and ticket information to be announced very soon.
Entry Fees and Information
As a non-profit organization, the ADCE Awards offers significantly reduced entry fees to ensure agencies of all sizes from across Europe have the opportunity to participate. Entry is free to all Gold winners from eligible national shows, 100€ for Silver winners, and 170€ for all other awarded work (Bronze, Shortlisted etc). Registration is also open to winners from ADCE non-member European nations for a general fee of 270€.
Submissions should be made online at http://adce.submit.to before Friday 16 September 2016. More information on rules and eligibility for the 25th ADCE Awards can be found at http://www.adceurope.org/awards/rules
For more information, contact:
Art Directors Club of Europe
Tel. +34 93 256 67 65
Tel. +34 629836939
Follow us: Twitter / Facebook / Instagram / YouTube
About the Art Directors Club of Europe
The Art Directors Club of Europe (ADCE) is a not-for-profit association headquartered in Barcelona comprised of professional clubs and associations of graphic design and advertising from 18 European countries: Austria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Portugal, Russia, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom and Ukraine.
Founded in 1990, the ADCE strives to foster excellence in graphic design and advertising creativity at a European scale. The association represents more than 4,500 professionals from the field and internationally spotlights the best works accomplished at a local scale through its annual European awards. The association’s current president is Amir Kassaei, Chief Creative Officer at DDB Worldwide, and one of the most recognised advertising creatives in the world.
Johannes Newrkla, CEO, Merlicek & Grossebner (Austria)
FILM & RADIO JURY
Jury President: Britta Pötzsch, Global Creative Director, Ogilvy & Mather, Germany
- Austria: Helena Luczynski, Copywriter, Freelance
- Czech Republic: Radouane Hadj Moussa, Creative Director, DDB Prague
- Italy: Federico Pepe, Executive Creative Director, DLV BBDO
- Portugal: Marco Pacheco, Creative Director, BBDO Portugal
- Romania: Valentin Suciu, Creative Partner, Jazz
- Slovakia: Peter Ižo, Creative Director, Made by Vaculik
- Spain: Jesús Lada, Executive Creative Director, Leo Burnett
PRINT & OUTDOOR JURY
Jury President: Chaka Sobhani, Chief Creative Officer, Leo Burnett, UK
- Austria: Katja Claus, Art Director, WIEN NORD
- Cyprus: Artemis Psathas, Art Director, Freelance
- Estonia : Kerstin Raidma, Creative & Art Director, Tabasco OÜ
- Finland: Jannis Mavrostomos, Creative Director, Bob the Robot
- Portugal: Pedro Ferreira, Creative Director, Y&R Group
- Romania: Catalin Rusu, Chief Creative Partner & CEO, Rusu+Bortun Brand
- Slovakia: Andrej Csino, Creative Director, Core 4 / tell it online
- Spain: Eva Conesa, Executive Creative Director, Twoelf
- UK: Lawrence Zeegen, Dean, School of Design
- Iceland: Jon Ari Helgason, Creative Director, Brandenburg
INTERACTIVE & MOBILE JURY
Jury President: Valentina Culatti, Managing Director, Unit9, Italy
- Finland: Anu Lehto, Art Director, Freelance
- Germany: Marc Wirbeleit, Creative Strategist, Facebook
- Italy: Rafaella Bertini, Creative Director, Freelance
- Russia: Kolya Fabrika, Creative Director, Instinct
- Spain: Rafa Soto, Founder & Creative Director, HerraizSoto&Co
- Switzerland: Livio Dainese, Chief Creative Officer, Wirz BBDO
DESIGN & CRAFT JURY
Jury President: Mario Eskenazi, Founder at Mario Eskenazi Studio, Spain
- Cyprus: Omiros Panayides, Art Director, OMPA Design Studio
- Czech Republic: Zuzana Kubisova, Senior Art Director, JWT Prague
- Estonia: Joosep Volk, Creative & Art Director/Partner, Tolm
- Finland: Piëtke Visser, Creative Director, Kuudes Kerros
- Germany: Anja Steinig, Designer & Manager Director, Studio F
- Spain: Martí Ferrer, Designer & Founder, Bildi Grafiks
- Switzerland: Inken Rohweder, Art & Creative Director, Inken Rohweder
- Iceland: Olof Birna Gardarsdottir, Graphic Designer & Owner, Reykavik Letterpress
PROMOTIONS & NEW MEDIA JURY
Jury President: Alexander Kalchev, Executive Creative Director, DDB, France
- Germany: Claus Fischer, Founder and General Manager / Head of Creation, VOSS+FISCHER
- Italy: Ottavio Nava, Managing Director, We Are Social
- Portugal: Pedro Pinho, Copywriter, O escritório
- Russia: Vlad Sitnikov, CEO & Creative Director, Hungry Boys
- Spain: Maria Borrás, CEO, Cómodo Screen
- Switzerland: Bruno Manser, Digital Creative Director, Havas Worldwide Zürich
- Iceland: Kristin Eva Olafsdotttir, Art Director & Partner, Gagarín
INTEGRATION & INNOVATION JURY
Jury President: Adrian Botan, Global Executive Creative Director, McCann Bucharest, Romania
- Austria: Michael Nagy, Creative Director, Jung von Matt/Donau
- Cyprus: Myria Konnari, Art Director, Freelance
- Czech Republic: Matija Vujovic, Creative Director, Kitchen Prague
- Estonia: Karl Saluveer, Creative Partner, Hmmm Creative Studio
- Romania: Dan Frinculescu, Group Creative Director, Publicis Romania
- Slovenia: Janez Rakušček, Executive Creative Director, Luna/TBWA Ljubljana
- UK: Rosie Bardales, Executive Creative Director, BETC London